Delaunay Class Letter – 9th December 2016
- Show and tell will start over again in the new year.
- The school Christmas Fair will take place on Saturday 10thDecember 2:00pm – 4:00pm
- The EYFS and KS1 Christmas performance will take place on Tuesday 13thDecember at 9:30am. For those who haven’t yet brought in black clothes, please do so as soon as possible as we need to decorate them before the show.
- Christmas Jumper day is on Friday 16th December in aid of Save the Children. Donate £1 and your child can wear their own Christmas jumper to school.
- If you haven’t already paid £3 for the theatre trip to Jacksons Lane, please drop the cash into the school office.
Sounds of the Week:
Recapping of trickier sounds:
Ew (chew the stew)
u-e (huge brute)
Number bonds with 10. The children are using the ‘part part whole’ method to learn the connections between numbers in maths. The children need to work out all the different ways of adding two numbers to make 10 and write them into the grid like the example below.
6+4=10, 10-3=7, etc.
The children have also learnt that the equals sign can be used anywhere in the number sentence, e.g. 10=7+3 so they could practice this in their number sentences.
Please could you get a picture of your child reading one of their favourite books? Please ask your child to write a sentence into their homework book explaining why they like it. These photos and sentences will become part of our book corner display.
Have a lovely weekend.