This Committee’s primary responsibility is to oversee the financial performance of the school and make sure its money is well spent.
Work is focused on:
- Reviewing quarterly financial reports and agreeing the annual budget with the Headteacher.
- Reviewing, with the Headteacher and PPP committee, where appropriate, plans relating to long term financial planning, resourcing and capital expenditure.
- Monitoring and reviewing Pupil Premium and Sports Premium spending impact.
- Reviewing, annually, the school’s Finance Policy, including the scheme of delegation which identifies the roles and delegated authority for spending of the Governing Body, Finance Committee, Headteacher, School Business Manager, and any other budget holders within the school.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the school’s financial procedures including compliance with Schools Financial Value Standard (SFVS).
- Discussing and approving spending in line with delegated authorities.