Present:  Yen Fox (Secretary, reception, year 3 & 5), Tamsin Jeffrey (Carboot rep, reception, year 3), Cecilia Pollock ( Year 5), Ingrid Bray (Nursery rep,  year 2) Kylie Agbim (year 1 rep, reception), Russell Heron (year 4 rep), Louise Kramskoy (reception rep) Jeannine Case (year 2 (Dali)rep) Kirsty Cunningham (Trustee, year 2 & 6), Sally Kiernan (Years 2, 4 & 6), Anthony Charles (Trustee, year 2 (Dali) rep), Alastair Ward (Trustee, year 1 & 3), Bret Kean (Year 5 rep), Iryna Schneider (year 3 (Kandinsky) rep, reception) Kate Aslett (Trustee, reception, year 3 and 6), Jo Gibbons (Treasurer, year 3), Maria Carrion (Trustee, year 2), Lucy Sydenham (year 1), Clare Conolly (year 1 rep, nursery) Susie Bury Dickson (Chair, year 3), Amila Roberts (reception rep, year 1), Marianne Rebak (Trustee)

 

Agenda

 

1.Apologies for absence: Murvet, year 3,

 

  1. Matters arising:

Thank you to Amila, Louise and Ingrid for organising nursery and reception drinks

 

Spending plan spreadsheet to be circulated via the Class reps for ideas on how to spend money raised by HSA

 

Chess club started with sessions before school. There needs to be 10 children in each session for the sessions to run. This timing is difficult for some parents and it was suggested that lunchtime chess sessions would be welcomed

Action :  To explore lunchtime – Ingrid to explore if lunchtime sessions were possible

HSA to subsidise 1-2 places in the pre school session  for half a term to make it viable

 

  1. Feedback from Calendar shoot

Thank you to Sally, Kirstie and Kate for organising this. The price of a calendar will be £7.50.Order forms will be sent home in the next week, with calendars available for collect at the Christmas Fair and from the School office from Monday 14th December

 

  1. Christmas Fair

This will take place on Friday 11th December 5-8pm. It was decided to try a Friday evening as

Saturday afternoons can be difficult as lots of children have activities at this time already. Sunday was explored as an alternative but there were no Sundays that the school hall was available in December.

 

Stalls booked £20 per pitch. Some stalls have already confirmed: Jewellery stall, Year 2 Chutney stall (from apple trees in the infant playground), pottery stall, stationery stall, craft stall, handmade stall, face painting stall, Dunns donated donuts

Local businesses have provided sponsorship: Prickett and Ellis £500, KFH donating £1500 for specific activity, Dunns

 

Actions:  Sally to liaise with class reps in regard to activities

Yen to inform Natalie that year 1 cake sale to Dec 4th.

 

  1. Car boot sale

The next one is due to take place on Sunday 29th November. There are never a lack of stall holders but number of people coming could be improved. There was a brief discussion around how to improve publicity around the event. Suggestions included putting up big posters around Crouch End and exploring if local schools would publicise the car boot sale.

 

Actions: Class reps to ask for inexpensive ideas on publicising the car boot sale

 

  1. Funding requests

Funding agreed for:

Additional Bins for playgrounds £240

Connect 4 for junior playground £200

 

  1. AOB

Headlice continue to be a problem. There was interest in a” Weston Park Nit busting” date

Action Plan: Kirstie to research

 

It was noticed that on several occasion at drop off and pick up there have bee dogs brought into the playgrounds. There is a School policy dogs in the playground which is clear that NO dogs (no matter what their size) are allowed on school property (guide dogs excepted)

 

In the run up to Christmas class reps should remind their classes to sign up for Easyfundraising to raise money for the HSA

 

Afterschoool club

The short notice given for the change from drop in to advance booking has caused some problems for families. This has been compounded by the popularity of after school club so that many sessions are full for the rest of the term despite a demand for places.

Action Point: Yen to email to Marianne to see if she can ask in regard to plans to expand capacity

 

Date of next meeting: Tuesday 12th January