Friday, 19th May 2017
- The water fountain in the junior playground is broken, which means that children without a water bottle have to continuously go through to the infants’ playground for a drink. It would be really helpful if you could provide your child with a water bottle to keep in class. This way, I can ensure all children have plenty of water and can easily access it.
- As the weather gets warmer, it will hopefully get sunnier too. When this is the case, please make sure you apply sun cream on your child if needed.
- Reminder Sports Day T-shirts need to be ordered, with the school office, by 4pm on Thursday 25 May. Orders only accepted with payment.
- The school has been asked by the Mayor of London to support the first London History Day, which is on the 31st May. To support this event we will be asking the children to come to school, on Friday 26th, the last day of term, dressed as their favourite historic Londoner. This will be a fun opportunity for the children to connect with and understand their city and its people a little better.
- Year 5 will be going to ‘Go Ape’ on the 12th June as our end of year trip. I will provide you with further information as it gets closer to the time, however we can only go if 3 parents come with us too. I really appreciate your help; please email me to let me know if you can join us.
We have been learning about the reintroduction of wolves in Yellowstone, a National Park in the US. We have written a persuasive brochure about our own National Park in the UK. We will carry on our non-fiction writing next week.
We have now completed percentages and will begin our new Maths topic next week.
- Maths:Children can now access any online resource on the ‘LGFL’ website as they have all been provided with log ins. There are many great resources on here; ‘Busy Things’ and ‘Maths at Home’ are only some of them. Revision of percentages is encouraged.
- Reading: please read up to chapter 21.
Please complete the reading comprehension about Cairgorns National Park.
Have a lovely weekend,