The Committee's key areas of responsibility are to monitor and oversee the school in its work to:
- demonstrate an ambitious vision, have high expectations for what all children and learners can achieve and ensure high standards of provision and care for children and learners
- evaluate the quality of the provision and outcomes through robust self-assessment
- provide learning programmes or a curriculum that have suitable breadth, depth and relevance so that they meet any relevant statutory requirements, as well as the needs and interests of children
- successfully plan and manage learning programmes and the curriculum so that all children and learners get a good start and are well prepared for the next stage in their education.
- actively promote equality and diversity, tackle bullying and discrimination and diminish the difference in achievement between different groups of children and learners
- actively promote British values
- make sure that safeguarding arrangements meet all statutory and other government requirements, promote their welfare and prevent radicalisation and extremism